Registered Psychologist #2119
Pastor of Counselling and Marriage Ministries at Village Church.
- Ph.D in Clinical Psychology from Biola University
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Biola University
- M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy from Pepperdine University
- B.A. in Psychology from University of Victoria
My training and experience focus around working with individuals and couples, and integrating faith with counselling. I have a passion for healthy marriages and helping people find healing and wholeness.
In working with couples I work from an Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT) framework, helping you better understand your patterns of connection and disconnection. This typically involves looking at the issues, the ways you and you partner pursue and/or withdraw, what’s going on under the surface in your head and emotions, and what you are needing from your partner to bring about greater safety, understanding, and engagement. This can help bring about healing and connection.
In working with individuals I specialize in depth-oriented, attachment focused, and emotion-focused psychotherapy helping clients not only work on their current difficulties, but also exploring the development of their struggles in order to bring about long term healing and growth.
Some of the areas that I work with include:
- Relationship difficulties
- Anxiety and panic
- Grief and loss
- Depression and dissatisfaction with current circumstances
- Difficulty emotionally connecting with others
- Men’s issues
“There is no greater honour than for someone to trust me with their story and be willing to work to make changes in their life.”
Dr. Josh Kruse